In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event.
- Planning in process. Going bigger and better!
TEDxVirginiaTech 2013 "Beyond Boundaries"
- Hosted at newly build Moss Arts Center; 500 audience members
- Established "TEDxVirginiaTech Lab" featuring student groups and clubs, including L2ork.
- ICAT Affiliated Faculty (Chris Williams - Mechanical Engineering) spoke on additive manufacturing.
- ICAT Affiliated Faculty (Susan Duncan - Food Science) spoke on food and emotions.
TEDxVirginiaTech 2012 "Knowing"
- Inaugural event hosted at The Inn at Virginia Tech; 100 audience members
- ICAT Director (Ben Knapp) spoke on emotions and sensors.
More videos, pictures, and details can be found here: